Virtual Event Checklist
You’ve sent your email invitations, posted on social media, and put together an awesome presentation or program for your virtual event. Before you go live, take a look at the checklist our team members use when we host virtual events and trainings!
Before the event:
- Find a quiet, brightly lit space with a blank wall to sit in front of during the event. Make sure there are outlets available for chargers, additional lights, etc.
- Test your visual and audio! We recommend at least one dry run of the entire event with all team members ahead of time.
- If you are working from home and live with others, let them know the time you will be hosting the event so they are aware you will need your space to be quiet.
On the day of the event:
- Wear a shirt from your campaign or organization, if possible. If not, avoid stripes and busy patterns. Solid colors are a safe bet!
- Reduce external light: It is easier to control the lighting if you are in a room with fewer windows.
- Have your computer charger or other chargers plugged in to a power source and available nearby.
- Make sure your phone is on silent during the event!