In this article:
- What is Stripe?
- Will my ActBlue account still work as expected?
- Where can I go for support?
- What are the benefits of Stripe powered merchant accounts?
- Migrating your merchant account to Stripe
What is Stripe?
Stripe is an industry-leading payment processor that ActBlue partners with to help provide a fast, secure, and reliable payment acceptance experience for your ActBlue merchant account.
Will my ActBlue account still work as expected?
Yes! All ActBlue features and functionality will work seamlessly with Stripe merchant accounts including your dashboard, reporting information, contribution forms, and ActBlue Express Lane.
Where can I go for support?
You can also find helpful resources on our Support Site.
What are the benefits of Stripe powered merchant accounts?
- Fast onboarding experience. Turnaround time from setup submission to fundraising can often be as short as 1-2 business days
- Transparent & predictable fee billing. All fees are straightforward and deducted from settlements prior to payout, so there’s no separate fee invoicing.
- Easy reconciliation. We’ll be able to provide a single report that shows all the information you need for compliance and reporting, including all ActBlue fees, Stripe fees, and donation Order Numbers.
Migrating your merchant account to Stripe
All merchant accounts are migrating to Stripe to standardize payments, improve security and reliability, and better align with payment industry standards. If you have a notification on your Dashboard, you have been invited to migrate over to Stripe and should do so as soon as possible.
After completing migration, you will receive all revenue through Stripe. All reports in the ActBlue Dashboard will continue as usual. After you transition to Stripe, you’ll be able to differentiate WorldPay and Stripe contributions with a new “Payment Processor” option in the report builder.
In addition, Stripe provides its own dashboards for you to view account balances, money movement, and contribution amounts and details.