How does ActBlue work?
ActBlue is a nonprofit tech organization that builds digital fundraising tools for Democratic candidates and committees, progressive organizations, and other nonprofits. These groups use ActBlue’s fundraising platform to create online contribution forms, securely process donations, and track their contributions from grassroots supporters.
Here’s how it works:
- A candidate or organization creates a contribution form on ActBlue.
- That candidate or organization asks supporters to make a contribution on the form (through a fundraising email, an ask on their website, at an in-person event, etc).
- The supporter makes a contribution on the form.
- We process the contribution and send it straight to that candidate or organization.
- We report the contribution to the relevant reporting body (like the FEC, IRS, or your secretary of state).
It’s helpful to remember that when you’re donating to a candidate or organization, you give through ActBlue, not to ActBlue!